Baltimore's best and only celebration of the delicious world of petite edibles, the annual Small Foods party and contest, is Saturday, February 8, 2020. Doors open at 5:30pm for competitors; Non-Competitors (Tasters) may enter at 7:00pm.
TICKETS / ENTRY FEE:
Tickets will be available in January. Advance tickets are strongly encouraged, as we sold out the last three years. We cannot guarantee that tickets will be available at the door.
If you bring a small food entry with enough to share, you will be given entry preference and a discounted entry fee of $5.
If you are not creating an edible entry this year, the entrance fee will be $15.00 (early bird advance tickets) and $20.00 (regular) NOTE: since this is a tasting event with tiny foods, we recommend eating before you come. It will be delicious, but it will not be dinner.
All proceeds will go to a local food initiative and to supporting the cost of future Small Foods events.
PRIZES will be awarded for each category winner and for the grand prize winner!
MAIN EVENT COMPETITION
1. (Doors for competitors open at 5:30pm )We encourage competitors to arrive by 6:00 p.m. in order to get set up and give the judges a chance to try your entry. This is especially encouraged if you have a complicated setup, as table space goes fast.
2. Winners will selected by on-line voting, so bring your phone.
3. Winners for the kids event will be announced at 8:00 p.m. The Adult competition winners will be announced at 9:00.
4. Make sure each of the judges tries your entry. You will know us when you see us by our bright blue shiny sashes . Also, please place one perfect version of your entry upon the judge’s table for display before the competition begins.
5. Also, keep in mind that, winners are ultimately chosen by the audience. That means that the more portions of your tiny food you make, the more audience support you could garner. We are expecting over 450 attendees this year, so think big (and small)! We recommend preparing at least 100 of your tiny food creations for success.
6. Please bring everything you will need to display and share your Small Food.
7. We can't guarantee access to electricity as the space has limited outlets, so be creative in your approach to the assembly/warming of your entry. If you do require electricity, arrive early to secure a table near an outlet and please come prepared with extension cords.
Photos: Autumn Breaud