Baltimore's best and only celebration of the delicious world of petite edibles, the annual Small Foods party and contest, is Saturday, February 16. Doors open at 6pm for competitors; Non-Competitors may enter at 7pm
TICKETS / ENTRY FEE:
Tickets are available through Eventbrite here. . Advance tickets are strongly encouraged, as we sold outthe last two years. We cannot guarantee that tickets will be available at the door.
If you bring a small food entry with enough to share, you will be given entry preference and a discounted entry fee of $5, ( AVAM AVAM compete for free).
If you are not creating an edible entry this year, your entrance fee will be $15.00 at the door. We may need to limit the number of folks entering without food so that we can stay within our capacity limits. NOTE: since this is a tasting event with tiny foods, we recommend eating before you come. It will be delicious, but it will not be dinner.
All proceeds will go to Moveable Feast and to supporting the cost of this, and future Small Foods events.
PRIZES will be awarded for each category winner and for the grand prize winner!
MAIN EVENT COMPETITION
1. We encourage competitors to arrive at 6:00 p.m. in order to get set up and give the judges a chance to try your entry. This is especially encouraged if you have a complicated setup, as table space goes fast.
2. Winners will selected by on-line voting, so bring your phone.
3. Judging for the kids event will begin at 8. The Adult competition judging will begin promptly at 9:00. Absolutely no entries will be accepted after this time. Make sure to arrive early enough for folks to get a taste.
4. Make sure each of the judges tries your entry. You will know us when you see us. Also please place one perfect version of your entry upon the judge’s table for display when you arrive.
5. Also, keep in mind that, winners are ultimately chosen by the audience. That means that the more portions of your tiny food you make, the more audience support you could garner. We are expecting over 400 attendees this year, so think big (and small)! We recommend preparing at least 100 of your tiny food creations for success.
6. Please bring everything you will need to display and share your Small Food.
7. We can't guarantee access to electricity as the space has limited outlets, so be creative in your approach to the assembly/warming of your entry. If you do require electricity, arrive early to secure a table near an outlet and please come prepared with extension cords.
Photos: Autumn Breaud